Simple, transparent pricing

Pay a flat fee and skip sales tax (5-10% of your vehicle's value).

Registration Service

First vehicle
Montana LLC formation
40-day Montana temp tags so you can hit the road right away
Tax-free vehicle registration stands in line at the DMV so you don't have to
Document logistics (shipments of your vehicle's license plates, registration, and titles)
24/7 access to all your vehicle's documents on your Dashboard

See what international travelers say about



on Trustpilot

"Absolutely excellent experience! If you need a car in the US, is the place to go. Most solid recommendation I have given in years!"



"My partner and I encountered so many headaches trying to buy a private van and register it, and Matt totally saved the day, guiding us through each obstacle with professionalism and enthusiasm. We definitely couldn’t have done it without him!"


New Zealand

"We were planning a road trip across the US and discovered it wasn’t easy to register and insure a vehicle as foreigners. We stumbled across and we are so glad we did. I can’t recommend highly enough - Matt is knowledgeable, super helpful and completely trustworthy. It was money well spent."


New Zealand

" took care of everything. They helped us with all the paperwork (title, insurance, how to pass borders, etc.) and sent us the plate within a few days in a location of our choice. Fast and convenient!"



"I am convinced is the best option for a longer roadtrip. The cost savings of buying and then selling a car compared to renting are really significant. I researched buying a car as a foreigner, and going with really is the best way to go."


Austria is tailored to your visit

Vehicle Ownership in the Best US State: Montana

You need a presence in a US state in order to own a vehicle in the US.

Use Montana, which doesn't require a US driver's license, doesn't require the vehicle to physically enter Montana, and has sales tax of 0%.

We Stand in Line at the DMV so You Don't Have to

Don't waste your valuable holiday time figuring out which forms to fill and standing in line.

Let the experts at register your vehicle, so you can focus on enjoying your visit.

Hit the road right away, we'll get your documents to you on the road

We'll generate and email you 40-day Montana Temp Tags upon request.

Use these to hit the road while your annual registration is in process.

Let's get you on the road

Let us sort your vehicle admin so you can enjoy your visit.

Additional Services

Value-added services to help you visit the United States

Purchase Brokerage

Vehicle bought for you


per vehicle brokered
Learn More arranges purchase of your desired vehicle
Sign your purchase documents electronically
Pay directly in your desired currency

Registration Service

Additional Vehicle


per additional vehicle
Learn More
40-day Montana temp tags so you can hit the road right away
Tax-free vehicle registration
Document logistics (shipments of your vehicle's license plates, registration, and titles)

Ongoing Vehicle Registration

Additional year


per vehicle per year
Learn More
Renew your vehicle's registration
File your LLC's annual report
Ship your new registration document and decal to a location convenient for you
An abstract image representing a map


Answers to common questions about

What is is an auto dealer and vehicle registration services provider focused exclusively on international visitors to the United States.

We help international vehicles to the United States own vehicles as an alternative to renting.

What issues do international visitors face when trying to buy a vehicle in the US?

Buying a vehicle is easy - owning it in your name is the hard part.

Owning a vehicle in the US isn't managed by our national government - it's managed by the US states.

So there's not just one formula for owning a vehicle in the US, there are many - one for each US state.

And some US states are harder than others.

Take Illinois.  If you flew into Chicago and wanted to own a vehicle there, you'd have to get an Illinois driver's license.  Or Tennessee - if you flew into Nashville, you'd have to provide a utility bill or a bank statement proving that you live in Tennessee in order to own a vehicle there.

All in all, 21 US states require a US driver's license or social security number to own a vehicle, and 14 US states require proof of residency (in that state) to own a vehicle.

Each US state has its own vehicle inspection requirements, its own taxes, and its own fees.

Is there a "best" US state in which to own a vehicle as an international visitor?

Montana is the best state for non-US residents to own a vehicle.  Why?

- Montana doesn't require a US driver's license or social security number to own a vehicle,

- Montana doesn't have any vehicle inspection requirements, so you can buy your vehicle anywhere in the US, and it never has to come to Montana to be registered here, and

- Sales tax on vehicles in Montana is 0%.  And since sales tax is due where a vehicle is registered, not where it's purchased, owning a vehicle in Montana can be hundreds (or thousands) of dollars cheaper than owning a vehicle in another US state.

How does help international visitors own vehicles in the best US state?

Montana requires a presence in Montana to register a vehicle.

Proof of residence (such as a utility bill or bank statement) is required for individuals.

But like every other US state, considers legal entities (such companies) formed within the state as residents.  

So forms the simplest type of company, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), for each customer.

Your Montana LLC acts as your presence in Montana, and can therefore own a vehicle here.

Your Limited Liability Company is owned 100% by you; just acts as your company's administrator (its Registered Agent).

How does register my vehicle to my company?

Once we have your Montana Limited Liability Company set up, the process is pretty simple:

- You purchase the best vehicle for your roadtrip,

- You or the seller sends the vehicle's prior title (its official ownership document) with a Fedex shipping label that generates and emails to you,

- One of the team walks into the Montana DMV and registers your vehicle to your Montana LLC, and walks out with Montana license plates, registration document, and title for the vehicle.

How long until I can drive my vehicle?

When you use, 40-day Montana temp tags are available upon request.

Temp tags are paper license plates that give a vehicle buyer a grace period between vehicle purchase and vehicle registration.

Montana's temp tags are PDF files. We email them to you, and you print them out, fix them to the rear of your vehicle, and hit the road.

How and when do I receive my license plates, registration, and title? will register your vehicle within 7-10 days of receiving your vehicle's title (properly signed by the previous owner) and we receive your Montana license plates, registration document, and title upon registration.

We will courier (via Fedex) your items to a location convenient to you. That could be to the vehicle's seller or to a friend or family member's house. Or, if you're on the road, we can send your items to a Fedex Office location convenient to your travels, to be held for pickup for up to five business days

What happens at the end of my visit?

Your vehicle is yours to dispose of how you wish - you can sell it, put it into storage for your next visit, or export it for use somewhere else in the world.

If you sell or export your vehicle, and wish to close your Limited Liability Company, simply notify, and we'll send an LLC Termination Request for your electronic signature. will terminate your LLC upon your written, signed request at no additional cost, and provide evidence of its completion (Articles of Termination and Certification Letter, provided by the Montana Secretary of State) for your records.

Can I take my vehicle into Canada? Mexico? Central and South America?


Vehicles with a current, valid US registration can travel freely in any country with relations with the United States.

Vehicles crossing into Mexico and other countries in Central and South America require a permission letter if the vehicle is driven by a person other than the registered owner. Template permission letters are available to customers upon request.

Still have a question?

Get answers to common questions not listed here.

Let's Get You on the Road

Let us sort your vehicle admin so you can enjoy your visit.